Natracare Organic Cotton Tampons - Super (non applicator) are a great natural, non-toxic choice when it comes to 'that time of the month'.
Spurred on by health and environmental concerns about dioxin pollution caused by chlorine bleaching, Natracare developed their tampons from cotton grown without the use of pesticides and without rayon and other synthetics which are known to cause irritation.
Natracare Organic Cotton Tampons - Super (non applicator) for natural tampons made with only 100% organic cotton and no synthetics
Dioxin, a toxic carcinogen, is a by-product of all chlorine bleaching methods and is also found throughout the environment in varying levels as a by-product of pesticide spraying and pollution from incinerators. It has been found that dioxin collects in the fatty tissues of animals, including humans and should, therefore, be a real concern for women. Evidence is growing that even low levels of dioxins may be linked to cancer, endometriosis, low sperm counts and immune system suppression. Women can use a huge number of tampons in a lifetime and may be unknowingly subjecting themselves to additional additional dioxin exposure with traditional tampons.
Why choose Natracare Organic Cotton Tampons?
- Made from 100% organic cotton (Natracare developed the world's first certified organic cotton tampons)
- Free from residues of chemical pesticides and fertilisers used on traditional cotton
- Completely chlorine free
- Free from synthetic materials like rayon, plastics or dyes (Rayon and rayon-cotton blends are widely used in the manufacture of tampons. Rayon is commonly chlorine-bleached and is a highly absorbent fibre. It rapidly absorbs menstrual blood but, at the same time, can also dry out the natural protective mucous lining of the vagina.)
- Biodegradable & compostable
- Expands widthways when the cotton gently absorbs the menstrual flow
Tests show conventional tampons do not hold their shape when exposed to liquid for a length of time (see comparison image below). This is of real concern when you consider the contents of conventional tampons.
How to use your non applicator Natracare Organic Cotton Tampons
- Insert the tampon using your index finger by tucking it into the red flared end of the tampon to enable the tampon to be pushed into place.
- After use, you can easily remove the tampon using the organic cotton withdrawal cord.
Want to know what may be in your non-organic tampons?
Find out more in our blog article - Secret Women's Business.
Pack size: 20 tampons - non applicator
Disclaimer: Naturally Safe Cosmetics are not health professionals. Any information or advice in this product description is of a general nature only and based on the manufacturer's published information. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For medical advice regarding your own personal circumstances, we recommend you contact your GP or other healthcare professional.