Facial cleansers are great for cleansing your face (amazing, right?) but when it comes to removing eye makeup, your regular face cleanser may not be up for the job, like when you need to remove mascara, especially waterproof mascara. In addition to that, the skin around the eyes is very delicate and prone to lines and wrinkles, so you'll want to cleanse with something that's effective, yet gentle at the same time.
Naturally Safe Cosmetics' guide to choosing the best eye makeup removers
When it comes to eye makeup removers, the best options are products that make it easier to wipe the makeup off without excessive rubbing. And, of course, it makes sense to use products formulated with natural and organic ingredients and without potentially harsh chemicals. Some great options include:
- Simple As That Makeup Remover - nothing removes eye makeup quite like oil and, with a truly simple formula that's based on only 3 oil ingredients (sunflower oil, extra virgin olive oil and jojoba oil), this makeup up remover is organic , fair trade & vegan and gets the job done every time
- Eco By Sonya Glory Oil - popular with people all over the world because of its amazing skin hydrating, soothing and healing properties, this cult product is also excellent for removing eye makeup
- The Jojoba Company Australian Jojoba for Face – with its superior hydrating and soothing benefits, jojoba oil is not just a wonderful skin moisturiser, but is also effective makeup remover, including eye makeup
(image credit: Canva)
Eco-friendly and reusable makeup removal pads
The perfect companion when using the above oils and dedicated organic makeup removers is a natural cosmetic pad. Naturally Safe Cosmetics offers pesticide-free, disposable organic cotton options like these:
- Simply Gentle Organic Cotton Cosmetic Pads - made from 100% organic cotton, these pads are convenient and easy to use. Tip: Try dampening the pad a little with water before adding the oil -this helps to prevent the pad from soaking up all the oil
- Organyc Beauty Cotton Wool Pads - vegan friendly, dermatologically tested and Global Organic Textile Standard certified
We also offer reusable makeup removal pads that can be teamed with your eye makeup remover, like these ones made from bamboo:
- Ever Eco Reusable Bamboo Facial Pads - with a bamboo outer layer and cotton inner, these pads are perfect for removing all types of makeup, including eye makeup, with the added benefit of zero waste
Makeup removal with natural face cloths and washers
Face cloths and face washers can, of course, also be used to remove eye makeup. Check out the ultra-soft and gentle Clemence Organic Luxurious Organic Bamboo Face Washer and Black Chicken Remedies Muslin Face Cloths.
All natural face wipes gentle enough to use on eyes
Natural face wipes are a super convenient way to remove your cosmetics, including eye makeup. Infused with gentle, yet effective, cleansing ingredients, there's no need for water or rinsing - just wipe and go. They are particularly useful when you’re in a hurry, out and about or travelling. Wotnot natural face wipes are free from petrochemicals, parabens and artificial fragrances and they're biodegradable and compostable. Choose from sensitive skin, ultra-hydrating and deep-cleansing.