Natracare Organic Cotton Tampons - Regular (non applicator) are a natural, non-toxic choice when it comes to 'that time of the month'.
Developed as a direct response to health and environmental concerns about dioxin pollution caused by chlorine bleaching, Natracare tampons are made from cotton grown without the use of pesticides and do not contain rayon and other synthetics, known for causing irritation.
Natracare Organic Cotton Tampons - Regular (non applicator) for natural tampons free from chlorine, bleach and synthetics
Dioxin, a toxic carcinogen, is a by-product of all chlorine bleaching methods and is also found throughout the environment in varying levels as a by-product of pesticide spraying and pollution from incinerators. It has been found that dioxin collects in the fatty tissues of animals, including humans and should, therefore, be a real concern for women.
Evidence is growing that even low levels of dioxins may be linked to cancer, endometriosis, low sperm counts and immune system suppression. When you consider the huge number of tampons a woman may use in her lifetime, she may be unknowingly subjecting herself to additional dioxin exposure.
Benefits of using Natracare Organic Cotton Tampons:
- Made from only 100% organic cotton (Natracare created the world's first certified organic cotton tampons)
- No direct exposure to residues from chemical pesticides and fertilisers used on traditional cotton
- Totally chlorine free
- No synthetic materials, such as rayon, plastics or dyes (Rayon and rayon-cotton blends are widely used in the manufacture of tampons. Rayon is commonly chlorine-bleached and is a highly absorbent fibre which rapidly absorbs menstrual blood but, at the same time, can also dry out the natural protective mucous lining of the vagina.)
- Biodegradable & compostable
- Expands widthways as the cotton gently absorbs the menstrual flow
Conventional tampons do not hold their shape when exposed to liquid for a length of time (see comparison image below). This is of even more concern when you consider the contents of the tampon.
How to use non applicator Natracare Organic Cotton Tampons
- Insert the tampon using your index finger which tucks into the red flared end of the tampon to enable the tampon to be pushed into place.
- After use, you can easily remove the tampon using the organic cotton withdrawal cord.
Want to know what may be in your non-organic tampons?
Find out more in our article - Secret Women's Business.
Pack size: 20 tampons - non applicator
Disclaimer: Naturally Safe Cosmetics are not health professionals. Any information or advice in this product description is of a general nature only and based on the manufacturer's published information. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For medical advice regarding your own personal circumstances, we recommend you contact your GP or other healthcare professional.