a. last; furthest or farthest; ending a process or series
(e.g. the ultimate point in a journey; the ultimate style in hats)
b. maximum; decisive; conclusive
(e.g. the ultimate authority; the ultimate weapon)
c. highest; not subsidiary
(e.g. ultimate goal in life)
best achievable or imaginable of its kind
(e.g. the ultimate in luxury)1
In the English language, “ultimate” is a powerful word. When I consider the dictionary meanings for the word “ultimate” – last, maximum, highest, best – I can’t help but think that Bridget Carmady ‘nailed it’ when she chose to use that word in the names of the products in her organic skin care range – Clemence Organics. In the same way that she nailed the actual formulations for those products.
In the relatively short period of time since the launch of Clemence Organics, the accolades have rolled in, and in the massive and highly competitive skin care industry, that is no mean feat!
As a Naturopath, Bridget saw many customers with skincare concerns, including acne, eczema and rosacea, just to name a few. Having also faced her own skin challenges, Bridget came to realise there was a need in the skincare industry for gentle, natural and organic products that could deliver powerful results without the use of potentially harmful chemicals. She experimented with blends and noticed a real change in her own skin. Word of mouth grew, with customers seeking individualised skincare formulations. A trip to southern France in 2015, and several visits to well-known natural skincare companies, cemented her resolve. Clemence Organics - a nourishing, non-toxic, eco-friendly skincare range, based on naturopathic principles, was born – the result of over a decade of knowledge and experience.
Now back to the word “ultimate”. Quite a few products in the gorgeous Clemence Organics range have the word “ultimate” in their name: Ultimate Face Cream; Ultimate Hand & Body Lotion; Ultimate SOS Balm; Ultimate Baby Oil; Ultimate Lips; Ultimate Glamour Lips. Each of these products is phenomenal in their own right and very deserving of the word “ultimate”. Let’s take a closer look:
- Ultimate Face Cream – I like to think of this organic facial moisturiser as my rescue cream, especially during the Winter months when my skin tends to dry out rather quickly. With super hydrating ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Shea Butter, Macadamia and Coconut Oils, this rich face cream is really hydrating. It also has skin repair and anti-ageing benefits with Rosehip and Jojoba and is gentle on sensitive skin.
- Ultimate Hand & Body Lotion – banish dry skin with Rosehip, Apricot, Sunflower, Macadamia, Sweet Almond and Coconut Oils. This beautiful hand and body lotion is so nourishing and soothing, is quickly absorbed, is non-greasy and helps alleviate sun damage, pigmentation, stretch marks and scars. It has a gorgeous light scent, too.
- Ultimate SOS Balm – if you’re in need of intense moisture and skin repair, this jar will be your saviour. With a blend of skin nurturing oils and the ability to soothe skin irritations, this is an absolute must-have item in every woman’s (and man’s) bathroom cabinet, not to mention handbag, work desk draw, travel toiletries bag and . . . well, you get the picture.
- Ultimate Baby Oil – Finalist in the 2015 Mother & Baby Magazine awards, this soothing baby oil has Calendula at its core. It’s a multi-tasking oil that is gentle on baby’s delicate skin and can help ease nappy rash, eczema, dermatitis, dry skin, bites and stings. P.S. It’s not just for babies - this one's great for the whole family.
- Ultimate Lips – I don’t think I can rave enough about this organic lip balm. Highly Commended in the Nature & Health Magazine Natural Beauty Awards in 2015, 2017 and 2018(!), this moisturising lip balm has the added benefit of anti-viral Lemon Myrtle which may provide relief from cold sores – a great alternative to chemical-based products.
- Ultimate Glamour Lips – if you like your organic lip balm with a hint of colour, then this soothing and protective lip balm is for you. With certified organic jojoba at its essence, this luscious lip balm is petro-chemical free and, unlike many other coloured lip products, does not contain carmine (made from the crushed bodies of scale insects – yuk!). The gorgeous touch of colour comes from wild-crafted alkanet.
There are, of course, other wonderful and award-winning products in the Clemence Organics range which do not have the word “ultimate” in their name but are definitely worthy of that description. For example, the Refining Cleanser, so creamy and gentle; the Tone + Hydrate Spritz, pH balancing and moisture boosting; and the 2 in 1 Face Scrub + Mask, detoxifying and nourishing. Ultimately (see what I did, there?), all of these beautiful skin care products are formulated with nurturing, hydrating and repairing ingredients and, importantly, with a commitment to your health and the health of our planet.
So, if you’re after an organic skincare range made with only the best ingredients, that delivers real results, take a look at the ultimate in natural skincare. Take a look at Clemence Organics.
1 Dictionary.com, en.oxforddictionaries.com